Yes! I’m alive. And I have numbers!
- 65,403, words. The rough draft of the third book in The Queen of England trilogy is complete. As with the two previous books, I imagine the final / next draft will come in around 70K, but this is a great place to start. Now that the third book is officially over, I’m in the process of gathering my notes (spread across two notebooks, Pinterest and my Kindle) to put together the strongest stories possible. Of course, this book will be ‘in the drawer’ until July at the very earliest (and probably longer).
- 189, pages. In case you wondered what that looks like exactly.
- 1 (of 2) visas we have in place for a country we’re going to in less than a week. Stressville, population Hubs and myself. If you have any sway with the travel gods, please call in a favor.
- 57, points (so far) I need to include in book #2. I’ve gone super nerdy and have constructed a Google doc that includes the books and columns for each and all the details I’ve missed including or need to consider.
- 2, number of spin classes I did this week. Yay for getting back on the bike!
- 1, number of filmed spots I did for the Entertainer (talking about — you guessed it — food!). I’ll let you know when the video is ready.
Just a few numbers to share this week:
- 47,026, words on the rough draft of the Queen 3.
- 137, pages (in case you wondered).
- Several, amount of calls that have taken place to try and replace our empty gas canister. Status of gas? Still 0%.
- AED90, amount per word I may earn for an upcoming article (that’s $25USD a word…not too shabby). Yes, I’m just as surprised as you are.
- 2, number of friends we’re going to see this evening from our early Dubai days. I’m excited!
- 1, restaurant I need to chose for lunch while I’m visiting next month. Recommendations welcome!
- 1, new book my friend just published. I’m excited for her.
Made me laugh / research for a children’s book
I’m never going to start writing.
Dearest motivation, please come find me (soon).
What I think about when I can’t sleep, this concept popped up on Tumblr last night and pretty much dominated the two hours I couldn’t fall asleep.
I’m tucking this concept away for a manuscript I should be starting later this year.
Liminal spaces in my own experience:
- Being at a sleepover, but the only one awake.
- Similarly, being on a bus full of students, but the only one awake.
- Once arriving home for a flight and being convinced the sun was taking entirely too long to rise.
Any situations from your life you would like to share?
The despair in books was a distant, safe thing. She’d thought she understood the depth of the emotion as she read through the pages of her beloved books, her life touching those of men and women long dead. She’d felt for them, cried for them, tried to breathe for them when they no longer breathed. And then, she’d been able to close the book and place it on its shelf, the words trapped between the leather covers. ~ My Lady Jane, Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
I sincerely enjoyed this book. For anyone in the market for something wonderfully creative, I highly recommend the novel.
It’s not every week we experience a penultimate day of being a certain age… Yes, that’s my complicated way of saying tomorrow is my birthday.
- 36, years and…
- 364, days. (Although last year was a leap year, so does that mean 36 got an extra day? Anyway, overall, I would call 36 a win. There was good and bad, but overall, new friends, new books, and lots of travel — I can’t ask for anything more).
- 37, age I’ll be as of Friday. (Somehow 37 sounds infinitely older than 36, I’m not quite sure why).
- 92, pages, currently of The Queen of England #3 rough draft.
- 31,626, words, meaning I’m just under the halfway mark. This is a bit concerning because I have a lot going on already and am trying to figure out how much more I can throw in the Queen’s path before the end…
- 1, trip I’ve now booked for Rome in May.
- 1, trip to the Maldives I’m hoping for in April…
- 1, trip to Manila for the Madrid Food Conference I’m also hoping for in April.
- 1, reading slump I am in. Someone save me!
- #22, restaurant in the world I am going to eat at tonight.