In an attempt to repeat any future successes I
might will have, I think there’s some value in reporting what I’ve done on a day by day basis to promote Room 702. This book was (sadly) always intended as something to start an audience for a much bigger project I hope to launch in the next 1-2 years. Room 702 is a place to learn again. although I am essentially starting from scratch, I have to start somewhere.
So, by the numbers, here’s roughly what I did yesterday:
- Reach out to select group of friends/family and
begask for reviews on Amazon
- Contact my alma mater about including the book in a summer reading release later this year
- Announce book’s availability on my (unrelated) Tumblr account (5100 followers)
- Pin book details on personal book related Pinterest board
- Share book details on Ann Benjamin facebook account (linked to Ann Benjamin twitter feed)
- Write blog post about
how scared I amhow successful I will be
- Contact 4 industry related websites/blogs for potential book review
- Prep and submit book to Nook (pending)
- Prep and submit book to iTunes (under review)
- 1 book sold (thank you EEB!!!)
- 1 industry response who is interested in reading the book!
Optimistic about tomorrow.