Inspired by this post, I decided to do one of my own
without blurbs from the book because I am not that coordinated for Room 702! Hopefully, I’ll be able to complete one for my upcoming novel, Life After Joe, shortly.
1. Sweet Lady Jane cupcakes ($54 for a dozen flavored cupcakes) In Chapter 50, I had mentally patterned a character as the owner of a similar bakery.
3. Vintage James Bond poster (prices vary) Fictional James watches over everything in the suite.
4. Ouija Board ($19.07) In Chapter 68, a Ouija board figures quite prominently. I don’t want to give too much away, but it is used to contact a previous guest.
5. Winchester Bourbon ($23) With the same name as the hotel the book is set in, a bottle of this bourbon feels entirely necessary.
6. Chic and Basic Packaging (hotel shampoo) While Bvlgari is the house brand for toiletries at The Winchester, I couldn’t help but include this packaging from Chic and Basic. Not sure how much a night at one of their properties is, but it might be worth it!
7. La Perla lingerie ($550.00 for the Maison Slip) In Chapter 34, if you’re going to lose your virginity, you might as well do it in high class underwear.
9. Souvenir matchbooks (free!) Yes, the Winchester gives away free matchbooks (even in nearly smoke free Los Angeles). I like this example from La Bottega at the Maritime Hotel in New York.
10. Keepall Bandouliere 50 Louis Vuitton luggage ($1,740) What is a weekend stay at a luxury hotel if you don’t have the luggage to match?