For better or for worse:
- I bite my nails. Yes, gross. Yes, when I’m stressed. Yes, I’m 35 and still do this.
- I am habitually early or on time and get frustrated when others are not. Coming from the world of marching band where ‘on time’ is 15 minutes early, I’ve never been able to kick the habit. Now, I enjoy my quiet extra 30 minutes before everyone else gets in the office. Of course, I sometimes frustrate my husband, because I always stress out and we’re always the first people to everywhere. I’d like to think I’m getting better, but the reality is probably the opposite. Living in LA for 5 years (where traffic could wildly change and impact how long it takes to get someone) didn’t help me.
- Given my misophonia, I am bad about shared spaces. Because I’m terrible at handling sounds, I get frustrated easily. Headphones are a coping mechanism, but I would love to just not have sounds bother me.
- I curse. A lot. Like, probably too much. It’s unprofessional. I should probably work on dialing it back a bit.
- I don’t have a lot of patience. I’d love to have more.
- Is there such a thing as the opposite of procrastinating? I should probably let things go or at least not be so Type A about planning. Ah well…nobody’s perfect!