I’m a list maker. I have no less than 4 kinds of To Do lists (yes, this is true). It will come as no surprise then, that I want to put some goals and timelines in place before my last work day next year (January 28 – can you tell I’m counting down?). Could I do this in a private venue? Sure I could. However, I want to put these goals into the collective – just to see where they go (and to keep myself honest).
- Edit 1st draft The Queen of England: Coronation
- Edit final draft The Queen of England: Coronation (to be complete at 75-80k)
- Publish The Queen of England: Coronation (and all that goes with it!)
- Complete rough draft The Queen of England: Grand Tour (60K minimum, 15K complete)
- Edit 1st draft Lucky Penny (35-40k)
- Complete 1st draft The Queen of England: Grand Tour (pending time, energy and motivation)
- Start rough draft A.U. (pending time, energy and motivation)
- Update all YA projects with back material
- Update Room 702/Life After Joe with back material
- Finish the pilot of DINKs (25-30 pages, screenplay)
- Drabbles for the Queen trilogy (January 2016)
- Maybe come up with a new cover for The Line (celebrating 10 years in February!).
- Follow up on the 94176128391 websites, articles and posts I have tagged to follow up as research, etc.
- 60kgs and under – my new permanent weight class.
- Move and set up of new place in Dubai.
- Household maintenance (as a stay at home wife/author, I completely accept this responsibility. My inner feminist is a bit hesitant about not having a regular paycheck, but as a spouse I accepts that this is a good balance – one only made possible by Hubs working full time.)
- Online course, better website management and other social media type skills (analytics, SEO and other terminology I shouldn’t be scared of).
- 20% increase in ‘new’ traffic and followers across all social media (Pinterest, Twitter, blog, Tumblr).
- Regular flossing.
- Beating insomnia once and for all.
- Do something with the boutique villa hotel idea thing.
- New hobby or skill (I’m thinking guitar lessons or getting back into fencing or salsa dancing).
Year of Saying Yes
Of everything I’m planning for next year, I actually think this will be the most difficult.
- At least once a week (!) attend something (provided I receive necessary invites).
- Write up a blog post about the experience (no matter how random).