So, I’ve been on the C9 cleanse since last Sunday, and barring one
or two cheats, I’ve actually been honest about following the program. Apologies, as I meant to post this on Tuesday, but then life got in the way a bit…
With 1.5 kgs lost (!) and a few inches, here are my big takeaways:
- This program gave me crazy insomnia. I’m already a bad sleeper and this seemed to exacerbate things… I stopped taking the pills with dinner, because I was turning into a zombie. Your results may vary.
- While it’s good to cut out unnecessary things like sugar and caffeine and alcohol, the calorie restriction felt overwhelming at times.
- Aloe vera juice is flat out horrible and disgusting. I couldn’t bring myself to take the suggested amount after the first morning.
- I have will power, which is great, but going forward, I should do better to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It’s no secret when losing weight, it just takes commitment (something I’ve been lacking).
- I’m not sure if the two are related, but between my no sleep and lack of calories, I am convinced my immunity level dropped and I picked up my first (terrible) cold in a year (really, I don’t usually get sick).
- Let’s see how quickly I gain the weight back!
- Balancing weight loss and being a foodie isn’t an easy thing!
Have you tried the C9 program? Do you have any secrets to drinking aloe juice?