Hey there — long time, no see!
- 1, novel finished (hand edits). As you may or may not be aware, the Queen of England: Coronation is done (and has been done) for awhile. However, it still doesn’t feel 100% ready. I believe that’s because events that will take place in Book #2 will have an impact on Book #1. So, now that I’ve bled red ink all over the draft, the real work sets in.
Or maybe I’m just being super precious, we’ll never know.
- 61,976, words in the Queen 2 manuscript (at the start of moving from the rough draft to the first draft). I anticipate the number to go up, but I’ve also planned to cut quite a bit…so…
- 200 pages, in case you were wondering what that looks like in Microsoft Word.
- 1, trip to spin class after a three-month break. Surprisingly, I didn’t do so bad!
- 0 trips to Socotra, more on that later.
- 2, great books I’ve read recently (the Six of Crows duoulogy is definitely worth picking up).
- AED2300, the cost of a shot of the most expensive whiskey I’ve ever seen. Witnessed at the Red Bar, at Desert Palm per AQUUM.
What have you been up to?