I always love these challenges! Maybe one year when I’m not working on a novel (or 3), I’ll be able to commit to them.
In case you’re looking for some matches with the above list, might I offer the following?
- A book by an author who uses a pseudonym. Look no further than Ann Benjamin (I also publish under my real name, Courtney Brandt).
- A book involving travel. While technically Room 702 stays in one place it could count, but Life After Joe is all about a road trip, so I think it definitely ticks the box.
- A book that’s published in 2017. The Queen of England: Coronation is definitely coming out next year. Actual release date: TBD.
- A book involving a mythical creature, kind of a 2 for 1 with above. There is a unicorn involved.
- A steampunk novel. Yay, this makes the Queen 3 for 3.
- A book with a title with title that’s a character’s name. See, Life After Joe.
- A book set in a hotel. Room 702 is completely set in a hotel.
And there you have it! Lots of good choices this year.
Did you complete the challenge in 2016 or another year?