Hi gang — it’s been a bit since I’ve done one of these, so let’s have an update, shall we?
- 1, acceptance, to the Google Local Guides event in San Fransisco later in the year. I really can’t believe I’ll be one of 150 flown in from around the globe.
- 20 year, high school reunion, that I’m now going to attend! The travel gods have smiled on me, and because of the timing of above, I’ll be able to go to the Brookwood Class of 1998 reunion (go Broncos!).
- 23%, through Book #3, which I am currently completing the second draft of, before I send the manuscript to my editor next month. Given some upcoming travel this year, I’m actually happy to get a bit ahead of the game.
- 1, ridiculously annoying summer cold I have that refuses to stop. I’ve taken antibiotics and everything, but I’m still not 100%.
- 2, hours I was on the radio last week, in the studio with Dubai 103.8 chatting about food.
- 10, years in the making, that I finally received an acceptance to the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature 2019. As an author, this has been a major goal of mine, and I think (!) I’m finally going to make it into the program.
- 4 weeks, 3 days until we go home! It’s been two years, and I’m more than ready!
- All, the episodes of Masterchef Australia we’re watching. I love how nice everyone is to each other versus the American version. Plus, it’s reminding me of our trip to Oz last summer.
- 1, voiceover ad I recorded. SHARE IT.
Brunch tomorrow, then pasta night with friends on Saturday. What are you up to this weekend?