Hello, I am officially crawling out from under my editing rock to say hello (before I crawl back again).
- 72,240, words, in the final draft of The Queen of England: Ascension. In case you’re wondering, that’s a bit of an addition from the 68,583 words the second draft came in at. While I did add the usual acknowledgements, and questions, the remainder are all scenes that needed more. I’m very happy with how the trilogy is ending. My next step is to send the book to my formatter, then send it to my Kindle, and read it for any final issues. Oh, and pick a day to publish…
- 1, final cover, of The Queen of England: Ascension that is also complete. My cover artist and I had started the process earlier in the year, but took a step back, as we could not find a cover model that suited. Now, I have a great cover (definitely worth waiting for), and some extra materials to work up some marketing.
- 1, new foster kitty we have in our lives. After the passing of Nubbins, I knew that we would most likely need another cat in our lives, but just wasn’t sure of the timing. In this instance, Tig showed up to K9 Friends (where I volunteer). She was injured, so was taken to a local vet to get stitched up and put on antibiotics. I was able to take her for two days, and now that her new family had issues with their cats, she’s come back to us again. Allergies aside, we’re definitely considering keeping her, as she is just a lovable little soul.
- 1, giant book drought I’ve been in. In nearly three weeks, I haven’t been able to get into any new book…and I’ve tried about 15 or more. I’ve been relying on old classics, and finally last night, got into The Dreamers.
- 1, new country visited — over Eid, Hubs and I and friends went to Sofia, Bulgaria — definitely worth a visit.
- 1, new book I’m going to hopefully start editing from tomorrow. It’s time to take Under the Rain of Light from rough draft to first draft.
- 2, countries to visit in the next few weeks. Maldives for Hubs’ birthday and fingers crossed, a press trip to Korea (it’s already been cancelled once, so I’m hoping this time around I’m able to go).
What have you been up to?