As usual, it’s been awhile.
- 60,315. Yes, that’s the new word count of The Heist. I cut close to 20,000 words, including almost everyone’s back stories. I still don’t like the book. I’m going to try ‘reading’ it, and incorporating all my notes and then sending it to friends.
- As I read through it for the 900th time, I’m sure some additional scenes will need to be written, and probably additional scenes cut. Honestly, chopping so much was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done.
- 15,000+ average number of steps per day, during our visit to the Czech Republic last week. I highly recommend Prague and Brno – it was a perfect escape from Dubai.
- 1, new niece! Welcome to the world, Kallan!!! I can’t wait to meet you in November.
- 1, invitation to speak at PechaKucha Night Dubai. I’m still mostly unsure of the direction of my speech under ‘Food For Thought’ is going to be, but I’m sure I’ll get there. I’m about halfway in coming up with 20 slides (with no words…send help).
- 1, hopeful trip I have upcoming to Bangkok.
- 26, million views I have on Google Maps.
- 0, kilograms lost. Given my current schedule of halfway decent eating and exercising for two weeks at a time, then a week of travel with tons of eating and drinking, I haven’t completely given up.
- 4, weeks of Couch to 5K, which I’m hoping will have some sort of impact on the above number in the near future.
- 1, podcast I’ve been a guest on.
- 2nd, season of CSR of One starting soon. Please subscribe!
How has your week been?