Hey there, how you feeling? How have you been? As much as it sucks to know I most likely won’t be traveling this year, I am trying to make the most of being in one place for months at a time.
- 70,000, words, I finally finished the rough draft for a sequel to an unpublished book I wrote over 10 years ago (and am hoping to publish this year). I started writing it on May 8th, so this tracks with my usual rough draft writing (I tend to finish a manuscript in 3-4 months, so this is actually on the quick side, especially considering I thought it would be done two weeks ago).
- 16,850, words, I committed to the sequel of a book I wrote almost ten years ago (see next point).
- 70,000, words, I need to edit by August 14th. Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek is going to small print later this year! I’m currently eight chapters in, and it’s fun revisiting (and updating) the project. I’m optimistic that it will find a new audience in November.
- 1, foster dog we’ve adopted. We love you, Poppy! She’s been with us since May.
- Nearly 2, walks a day – good for the diet.
- 2, names of dog friends we’ve already picked out for her future family.
- 2, podcast episodes for CSR of One, Season 3 that are now live. I hope you’ll check out the new season.
- ???, days until we’ll safely be allowed to go home (and easily return). I’d love to know what this number actually is, but I’m also a little scared to know.
- A lot, of restaurants I feel I’ve been out to recently — and some good ones — check out Trend Studio’s new season if you haven’t already.