Popsugar Reading Challenge: 2018 Edition.

I love these lists and like to see where my books fit in every year. 2017 & 2016 for example.Anyway, with above, consider the following:

  • A book about death or grief.  Consider, Life After Joe (as that’s what the entire book is about).
  • A book set in a country that fascinates you.  If you are an Anglophile, I would suggest The Queen of England: Coronation.
  • A book with characters who are twins.  Major Pain has a protagonist with a twin (and I’m considering adding a twin to a current novel as well).
  • A book that’s published in 2018.  I don’t have a specific date yet, but The Queen of England: Grand Tour will definitely be available at some point during the year.
  • A book by an author with the same first name or last name as you.  Where are my Courtneys, Anns, Brandts and Benjamins?

Week by Numbers.

Just trying to keep up with everything these days…

  • 42, pages out of 195 that I’ve edited so far on Queen 3.  I’d hoped to make more progress, but I’m in the middle of cutting and rearranging a few scenes so it’s SUPER slow going.  (And I completely neglected the book today).
  • 1, hair cut and color (back to some form of blonde).
  • 1, new review for the Queen.
  • 1, second draft of the Queen 2 sent to the editor.  *eagerly waits in anticipation*
  • Many, new writer groups I’ve joined on Facebook.  Hoping for more tips and trips soon!
  • 9, episodes of Stranger Things watched.  I loved this season — how about you?
  • All, days of the 30×30 Dubai fitness challenge I’ve completed so far.  Sometimes it’s been a bit less active than others, but I have committed to 30 minutes a day.
  • 1, evening of trick or treating complete — the first we’ve ever done as expats.
I am giving this look to myself, re: lack of progress on Queen 3. I know I can do better (and stop procrastinating/making excuses)!


Week by numbers.

When you think a week is going to going one way, and then it goes another way entirely…

  • 175, pages edited.  I will definitely finish up the ‘hand written’ draft of Queen 3 this weekend, or early next week at the latest.  I’m think of giving myself a week off to give some attention to marketing the first book, before I dive into actually incorporating all the notes.  It’s going to be a relatively long process.
  • 1, new episode of What’s Cooking UAE I shot last night — lots of fun.  Haggis was involved.
  • 1, trip to Abu Dhabi this week, including a catch up with a friend I haven’t seen in awhile and reviewing 3 new restaurants.
  • 2, (paid) freelance writing assignments I’m up for.  Maybe writing for a living is actually possible!
  • 0, units of alcohol I would like to consume this weekend.  It’s been a heavy couple of weeks.
  • 2, pieces of Halloween candy I bought from the store today.  Sometimes being an expat comes out in strange ways.
  • 0, new reviews for The Queen.

    Hope you have a great weekend!


Week by numbers.

Here and there and everywhere this week.

  • 1, almost last minute trip to Hong Kong trip (another ‘influencer’ fell through and there was a hot second when I was being considered).
  • 122, pages edited of The Queen of England 3.  These are edited by hand, and will then be typed in.  Yikes, there’s a lot of work ahead of me.
  • 1, step class completed (per week). Yikes, there’s a lot of work ahead of me.
  • 1, last minute invite to a Bollinger event I thought about turning down.  You’re probably burned out (or too serious about counting calories) when you struggle to get excited about drinking free champagne. (Spoiler alert, I went anyway).
  • 1, excellent review of The Queen posted on the Silver Petticoat Review.
  • 1, average/not so great review on Goodreads of The Queen (yes, I was waiting for this).
  • 0, new reviews on Amazon.
My feels // current state of being.