Lol, tricked you. My brain is a bit mush after trying to finish too many projects this week (for realz), so here is Taron Egerton as my spirit animal.
I’m in Amsterdam escaping the heat, eating some Michelin food, and looking forward to the U2 concert on Sunday. What are you up to this weekend?
Look at me! Semi-regular posting!
It was a busy week and I’ve managed to accomplish quite a bit:
- 1, completed synopsis (putting the book into treatment form is something I like to do before publishing…I still need the one-page version, but at 10 pages, I’m happy with the current version, which helped me realize a missing beat or two).
- 1, completed novel (it’s on my Kindle and I’m reading it for any final fixes and spoiler alert, I’m totally falling back in love with my book — it’s going to be available just as soon as I can finish reading and get my formatter to finalize things)
- 1, Facebook group started for my YA name, Courtney Brandt
- 1, book trailer for the Queen (almost complete — don’t worry, I’ll share it with you when it’s done)
- 1, website refresh and migration to new host (nearly complete)
- 1, sister arriving from the States (in less than 12 hours)
Yes! I’m alive. And I have numbers!
- 65,403, words. The rough draft of the third book in The Queen of England trilogy is complete. As with the two previous books, I imagine the final / next draft will come in around 70K, but this is a great place to start. Now that the third book is officially over, I’m in the process of gathering my notes (spread across two notebooks, Pinterest and my Kindle) to put together the strongest stories possible. Of course, this book will be ‘in the drawer’ until July at the very earliest (and probably longer).
- 189, pages. In case you wondered what that looks like exactly.
- 1 (of 2) visas we have in place for a country we’re going to in less than a week. Stressville, population Hubs and myself. If you have any sway with the travel gods, please call in a favor.
- 57, points (so far) I need to include in book #2. I’ve gone super nerdy and have constructed a Google doc that includes the books and columns for each and all the details I’ve missed including or need to consider.
- 2, number of spin classes I did this week. Yay for getting back on the bike!
- 1, number of filmed spots I did for the Entertainer (talking about — you guessed it — food!). I’ll let you know when the video is ready.
Just a few numbers to share this week:
- 47,026, words on the rough draft of the Queen 3.
- 137, pages (in case you wondered).
- Several, amount of calls that have taken place to try and replace our empty gas canister. Status of gas? Still 0%.
- AED90, amount per word I may earn for an upcoming article (that’s $25USD a word…not too shabby). Yes, I’m just as surprised as you are.
- 2, number of friends we’re going to see this evening from our early Dubai days. I’m excited!
- 1, restaurant I need to chose for lunch while I’m visiting next month. Recommendations welcome!
- 1, new book my friend just published. I’m excited for her.
Made me laugh / research for a children’s book
I’m never going to start writing.
It’s not every week we experience a penultimate day of being a certain age… Yes, that’s my complicated way of saying tomorrow is my birthday.
- 36, years and…
- 364, days. (Although last year was a leap year, so does that mean 36 got an extra day? Anyway, overall, I would call 36 a win. There was good and bad, but overall, new friends, new books, and lots of travel — I can’t ask for anything more).
- 37, age I’ll be as of Friday. (Somehow 37 sounds infinitely older than 36, I’m not quite sure why).
- 92, pages, currently of The Queen of England #3 rough draft.
- 31,626, words, meaning I’m just under the halfway mark. This is a bit concerning because I have a lot going on already and am trying to figure out how much more I can throw in the Queen’s path before the end…
- 1, trip I’ve now booked for Rome in May.
- 1, trip to the Maldives I’m hoping for in April…
- 1, trip to Manila for the Madrid Food Conference I’m also hoping for in April.
- 1, reading slump I am in. Someone save me!
- #22, restaurant in the world I am going to eat at tonight.
One of those weeks where I feel like I did everything and nothing…
23,048 number of words for The Queen of England 3: Rogue Nation (working title that I don’t particularly care for). I debated what to work on (The Queen of England #1 is more or less done, except I keep fiddling with parts of it because it doesn’t feel 100% complete, and the Queen #2’s first draft is also complete, so I kind of needed to work on something…)
- 1, number of Top 5 chefs in the world I met this week (now I just need to watch his episode of Chef’s Table).
- 1, boat show attended (well, really just the VIP section with free warm prosecco).
- 6, days in a row I’ve logged with MyFitnessPal (it was well past time to get serious about knocking off a few kgs).
- 15, days until I turn…
- 37, years of age (by the way, that sounds crazy old to me).
Off to Fujairah tomorrow while Hubs finished his next diving certificate. I’m ready for a chill, but am still epically behind on reviews from Bangkok, so I think it will be a matter of blogging from bed.