I’m coming out the other side from finishing up the second draft of the Queen #3. The book is due to the editor next month, and I got in the zone and then neglected everything else. Oh well, it’s done and I think I’ve done right by the characters.
- Less than 3, weeks, until we go home! Even though the country is currently an absolute dumpster fire, I am excited to see friends and family (and Target).
- Almost 2, weeks, that I’ve been intermittent fasting. I’m using the Zero app, and while I don’t think my weight loss has been especially pronounced, it has made me think much more about eating and the processes that go with it.
- 1, visit to the Dubai Eye studios — I was on the radio last Thursday, it was my second visit and it’s always such a blast.
- 3, reviews The Queen of England: Grand Tour has finally achieved. Five is the next goal, and then I can put a few marketing plans into place. Hustling ain’t easy. If you like an author and want to support them, make their day by leaving a review — I can’t stress how important this is.
- 1, massive going away party going on tomorrow. It will be the end of an era as our last South African friend departs Dubai. Being an expat means a constant changes, but ultimately, you have to be happy for people making the right choices for them. We’ll be sending off Barbara in style!
- 17, minutes. I’m currently working on our ‘year in review’ video we make every year to share. From Australia last summer to now, there’s certainly been a lot of adventures. Suggestions are welcome for music.
- Second and third, 15th wedding anniversary happening in the next week. Hubs and I have had a few wedding dates, so the remainder of the anniversaries takes place in the coming days. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since the Vegas vow renewal.
In addition to the big brunch tomorrow, I’ve got a virtual friend flying in this weekend — we’ve never met, but she was the photographer behind two of my book covers. It actually isn’t the most random connection we’ve had come through and stay with us. I’ll be playing tour guide for a day or two.
What are you up to this weekend?