Happy New Year!
I hope yours is off to an amazing start. I’ve managed to make a bit of progress so far. Some numbers, you ask?
- 108 pages edited out of 214 pages (for the Queen sequel).
- 67,277 words. In case you’re keeping track, I’ve added about 5,000 words from the rough draft. Given how much I’ve also cut out, things are exactly about where I thought they would be at this point…which would have the book finish directly next to Book #1 (75K exactly). Knowing I have some scenes I still need to write, it’s definitely not easy going, but it’s been great to cut things that didn’t work and add in more exciting scenes (ahem air battles ahem).
- 0 drinks I’ve had so far this year. This will go out the window tonight, as Hubs and I head out for a fancy French meal, but at least I’ve stayed true to my ‘only drink when reviewing’ plan. Let’s see how long it lasts!
- 1, visit to spin class (with another scheduled for Saturday).
- 20 episodes of Chopped I’ve seen (it’s my new obsession…but really I’m just trying to better understand how to talk about food).
- 50, meters in the sky I’ll be dining at next Monday, as part of the media launch (lunch?) for Dinner in the Sky (Dubai).
- 1, excellent concert attended. Thanks to Coldplay for a perfect intro to 2017.
- 90, minutes (at least) stood waiting and walking and trying to find a taxi post-concert. Less learned — going out on New Year’s absolutely requires advance booking for return trips (no matter where in the world you are celebrating)!
- 1, almost trip to the States that happened to protest P-E Trump’s inauguration. #notmypresident
What’s going on with you? Anything you’re looking forward to in 2017?